Spelare kommer och spelare går, men vissa består. En sån kille är i mina ögon Mr George Halkidis. Han dök upp lite som en kompisgrej med Pete Tsimikalis, en sk. videojugge om du vill, men visade sig vara en riktig lagspelare och trots bara 11 matcher i klubben kan han nästan likställas med John Vecchiarelli, även om divisionstillhörigheten givetvis kan disskuteras. Äänihoo, vi kollade läget vad han pysslar med nuförtiden.
How are you doing these days?
– Everything is great at the moment. I just moved into my new home.
I heard about your new job. Congratulations!! Do you wanna fill us in on the details?
– Corporate financing. I will be working in downtown Toronto in the financial district.
Does this effect your chance to play hockey?
– At the moment I will not be going back to hockey for another season. This opportunity to get this new job and be at home is something I could not pass on. Also my wife has found a new career here at home as well.
If we go back to your time in Sweden. That is your best memory from that time?
– My best memory from playing in Sweden would be the guys in the dressing room. This was my favourite group of players in my career.
The worst memory?
– My worst memory is that Pete had to go home early due to concussion.
Do you have any contact with Mr Tsimikalis and if so, how is he doing?
– I see Pete about once a week here. He is doing a lot better and is recovering well.
If you would sum your time in Umeå as a whole, what would it be?
– Bjorkloven is a great place to play and the organization is very professional. I have been following a little and I think Jimmy Blixt will do a great job with the team. He is a competitor and has a huge passion for hockey.
If you got the chance to talk to all the fans in Green Devils, what would you say?
– If i could talk to the fans I would tell them is I were to play in Sweden in division 1 they would be my first choice to play in front of.
Your former teammate, Fredik Öberg, is rumured to be a real barberque-guy. Do you also like to barberque or what is your favourite food during the summertime?
– I love the Greek flag they put in the stands for me and Pete. Oberg is a beauty! I love bbq and chicken wings . My brother has a restaurant and I spend a lot of time there in the summer.
Now I wount harazze you any more. Have the best, Jungle-George. We love you!:)
– I wish you guys all the best of luck this season.